Juniper graph with tail-drops

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

knightmese

Juniper graph with tail-drops

Post by knightmese »

Hello all,

I've had this issue for a while, but I decided to delve into it. We have several Juniper EX switches and we've added the graph for tail-drops. One switch in particular (pic attached) is always showing around 41 million tail-drops all the time. I know this value is not correct because I can log into the switch and just see a few tail-drops here and there. We have another EX switch showing around 10 million tail-drops. I've deleted both graphs including all historical data and added them back. They immediately go right back to the listed numbers. Is this a bug or something in the way it is parsing the data from the Juniper?

We are on version 1.2.23.
Attachments
juniper_taildrops.PNG
juniper_taildrops.PNG (18.04 KiB) Viewed 436 times
macan
Cacti Pro User

Re: Juniper graph with tail-drops

Post by macan »

hard to say. It could be firmware bug. I have met sometimes similar problems with long-running switches. Sometimes restart fixes it.

It could be incorrect graph/data source definition? Do you have any correct tail-drop graph?
Let the Cacti grow!
knightmese

Post by knightmese »

Hi macan,

We do have another switch stack that is showing zero and seems to be correct. I may reboot the switch stack this weekend and see if that does it. Thanks!
knightmese

Post by knightmese »

Just to provide an update, I rebooted one of the switch stacks and the issue went away. Thanks all!
Attachments
juniper_taildrops1.PNG
juniper_taildrops1.PNG (18.56 KiB) Viewed 312 times