tab management with cacti 1.x

Discussions on developing plugins for the Cacti Plugin Architecture

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Rno
Cacti Pro User

tab management with cacti 1.x

Post by Rno »

Hello,

In cacti 0.x there was only one theme, so it was the role of each plugin to manage it's own tab display (up or down).

Now In cacti 1.x it's manged by cacti itself 8due to the theme); but on every plugin you can still find the source code for the tab (top_header_tabs, top_graph_header_tabs) but actually it's not correct. (you don't have the option of the theme).

So what is the correct way to handle the display or not of a tab, based on api_auth control (api_user_realm_auth), just add the code of 0.x even if it's not handle right, or did someone has the right code for it ?

thanks,
Test
Almalinux
php 8.2.14
mariadb 10.6.16
Cacti 1.2.27
Spine 1.2.27
RRD 1.7.2
thold 1.8
monitor 2.5
syslog 3.2
flowview: 3.3
weathermap 1.0 Beta
TheWitness
Developer

Re: tab management with cacti 1.x

Post by TheWitness »

If you are using the Tombstone theme as I like to call it, then, if Cacti is configured properly, Cacti will actually generate the image for you for some reason it's missing. Been a long time since Iooked at the code though. So, if you have an alt="blah" in your anchor, Cacti should try to make two "blah" tabs for you one in red and one in blue as required. So "should" is the operative word. I've not used the Tombstone theme except in extreme fit's of nostalgia for a long time.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?